Divine Dimension

You from new york you are so relevant you reduce me to cosmic tears... Luminous more so than most anyone; unapologetically alive

Friday, January 21, 2005

Health Update

I apologize for not updating this blog daily as I should. The symptoms of the chemo are rather bothersome lately, and have kept me offline. Here is an update on the progress.

I started a new round of bug juice this past Tuesday and am now on my fourth day of it. This combination seems to be a good bit more fierce than the last.
I have had a number of unpleasant and almost unbearable circumstances, such as the following: extreme nausea, vomiting, achy knees and leg bones, some moderate hair loss, headaches, dizziness, fatigue, mouth sores, and bruising.

The doctors were concerned about some new things, such as central nervous system involvement and organ damage. There were some wonderful tests results that came out this week, showing that there is no central nervous system involvement, and no heart, lung or liver damage. The bad news is that there was a substantial amount of kidney damage. I have felt it, too. It feels like my kidneys are on fire. :(

The cancer cells have not diminished any since the last round, but they have not grown any further either. The red count is considerably low, and I have to live off of transfusions and shots of Procreat, a red blood cell boosting enzyme. The platelets are just "ok". The amount of working white blood cells have diminished a bit, which could be because some child at Cole's preschool has given me some sort of virus.

I am normally too nauseous to be in front of the computer, and I must admit that this round has literally kicked my a$$. I will be posting again once my living circumstances are bearable again.

Thanks for all of your prayers. This is the hardest part of the fight.

Blessings and much love,
Pamela Aaralyn

2 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Pam:

Just a quick note to let you know I am thinking about you and praying for you. Stay strong, you stubborn minded and strong spirited superWOMAN. This move has me moving around all over the place as you can imagine - but please know I am thinking of you and can't wait to have a girl chat once the dust settles. In the meantime...here's a big hug and extra well-wishes coming your way. - C

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger L said...

Hang in there. I know it's easy to feel discouraged when you're not feeling well. Just remember all the people that are pulling for you and draw your stregnth from them.

They always say, "If there's anything I can do for you, just let me know." Well, this is the time to start calling in those favors. It'll show you just how much of a group effort this is.

You'll be on my mind. --eric

 

Post a Comment

<< Home