Divine Dimension

You from new york you are so relevant you reduce me to cosmic tears... Luminous more so than most anyone; unapologetically alive

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Nothing like a good ole ER visit to waste a day away...

I woke up yesterday morning with an awful cough, high fever, and runny nose. I knew I would not make it past the Tuesday morning "well-check" that I undergo weekly. (My doctors have to make sure I am well enough for them to poision me). So instead of driving down to the oncologist's office, I called the nurse and told her I was sure I would not make it past her well check. She told me to call the internist to have him check me out, but I had missed the internist's "walk-in" hours and did not have an appointment, so he told me to go "straight to the emergency room". Well, I arrived at the emergecy room at 10:30am and checked in promptly. I thought nothing of it when lunch time rolled around and I still had not been seen, so I strolled over to the cafeteria for a leisurely bite of chicken-leftover-soup stuff. Once I was partially satiated and very nautious, I returned to the ER Unit and waited. 2pm ticked by slowly, so I patiently walked up to the ER check-in counter to ask the nurse why I had not been seen. Prior to even speaking with me, she said, "Miss, you need to step back from the counter. We are very busy." I began my plea of, "I was sent here by my doctor who said I was to be seen immediately and have been here for over three hours...." I was cut off in mid-sentence and told to take a seat. Oh well. I sat down once more, waited another hour, and still was not called back to see the doctor. To make a long story short, I was finally seen at approximately 5 and a half hours later, to be told I had bronchitis. I was medicated, given a transfusion of red blood cells, and sent home to rest.

I am on break from chemotherapy for a week until my health resumes a more stable pattern. Yay! A whole week's break. I am stoked!!! Ok, well I am off to rest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home